For the crust:
- 20 oreos crushed
- 50 g butter at room temperature
- 2-3 tbsp Nutella
For the filling:
- 80 g bittersweet chocolate
- 150 g Nutella,
- 300 g cream cheese
- 100 g Whipping Cream (whipped into soft peaks with the )
- 50 grams icing sugar
- Dark chocolate/ milk chocolate
- Heavy Cream
- White chocolate for Shavings
Method: To make the crust
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until the mixture resembles damp sand. Add more Nutella if you feel the mixture is too dry.
- Press the mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides of a (8 inch) springform pan, and set aside to set in the fridge.
Method: To make the filling
- Place Nutella into a bowl along with the chocolate.
- Melt in the microwave for around 1 minute, checking every 20 seconds and stirring in between until chocolate has melted completely.
- Beat in the remaining Nutella and cream cheese. Keep mixing and folding until the mixture resembles the consistency of chocolate mousse.
- Whisk the whipping cream into soft peaks
- Add sugar to the whipped cream and fold gently
- Add the whipping cream into the mixture of cream cheese
- Scrape the mixture onto the Oreo crust and spread it out evenly using a spatula
- Let cheesecake refrigerate before putting the ganache on top
- Heat the cream Pour the cream into a small saucepan and place it over medium-low heat for a few minutes. Turn off the flame and remove the cream from the stove.
- Chop the chocolate into fine pieces.
- Add the chocolate to the cream and stir gently allowing the chocolate to soften and melt.
- Stir the mixture With a spatula until it comes together in a creamy Ganache.
- Cool the ganache
- Add the ganache to the top of the layer of cheesecake and then smooth over with a flat knife
- Add the white chocolate shavings on top for decoration 🙂