- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can peeled tomatoes, puréed in a food processor
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large fresh basil sprigs
- Pasta (to your own Preference)
- Mozzarella Sliced to serve
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft,
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-4 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium, add puréed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (about 20 minutes)
- Remove pan from heat, stir in basil, and set aside
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce
- Serve with fresh mozzarella and Basil leaves 🙂